Integral Living in Troubled Times
PDF Version: Integral Living_Group Ongoing_2014
– with Michael Mayer, Ph.D.–
When: Tuesday Mornings 10:00 to 11:30 am, or decided by group.
Where: Lafayette, CA (exact location will be given upon registration)
Price: $60 per group
Registration and Questions: 510-849-2878; 925-623-3540;
The world we have come to know is shifting. The confluence of the great recession, a country insearch of itself, and a sense that the world is in upheaval can be rather disorienting. These difficult times can challenge our relationship to both ourselves and others; and they can serve as an opportunity to activate the hero in us and cultivate our integral spiritual path.
In this ongoing group, we will share our journeys though the trials of the various facets of our lives. In each group we’ll learn tools for dealing with the troubled times in which we live. In addition to the group leader’s repertoire, each group member’s approach to integral living will be honored.
Some of Methods, Traditions, and Practices You’ll Learn to Enhance Your Life Stance:
• Psycho-mythological Processes: Discover how to transform your life story with the
Mythic Journey Process. Learn to extract meaning and direction from your dreams. Find
guidance from the teaching stories of ancient wisdom traditions to help us find our Way.
• The River of Life: A guided meditation for stress reduction.
• Communication Methods: Learn the elements of constructive communication to work through issues with others, and to increase real contact.
• Integrating Tai Chi, Qigong, and Psychological methods: To cultivate resiliency and change your life stance.
• Bodymind Healing Qigong: To develop self-healing abilities and to facilitate the healing of loved ones.
Suggested optional reading and viewing related to our group:
Books: Trials of the Heart: Healing the Wounds of Intimacy (Ten Speed Press, 1993); Secrets to Living Younger Longer: The Self-healing Path of Qigong, Standing Meditation and Tai Chi (2004); EnergyPsychology: Self-healing Methods for Bodymind Health (North Atlantic/Random House, 2009); The Path of a Reluctant Metaphysician: Stories and Practices for Troubled Times (2012).
Media: Bodymind Healing Qigong DVD; River of Life, CD.
Michael Mayer, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist in private practice and a Qigong teacher who specializes in self-healing methods for physical and mental health. He co-founded an integrative medical clinic; and he was a co-founding member of the Transpersonal Psychology Program at JFK University where he taught for twelve years. He is a Fellow of the American Association for Integrative Medicine. Michael teaches his approach tobodymind healing at conferences, hospitals, and universities. He is the author of twenty publications onbodymind healing. Michael's guiding image of "two streams becoming one" guides him as he joinsEast/West, mind/body and ancient/modern in his work.
* Register early to hold a place in the group: 925-623-3540; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org